Article – 24 March 2020
In light of the ongoing Covid-19 situation and the shift that many companies are making to remote working, we have put together a list of the top 10 ways to ensure working from home is as productive as possible!
- Get up at your normal time to start the day - try to maintain your routine as much as possible.
- Put on work attire to get you into the right mindset.
- At the start of each day, arrange a video call with one of your colleagues or peers; set the day up and discuss what you both plan to achieve. At the end of the day go through the list with someone and tick off what you did.
- Regularly check in with others using phone or video call services, this will help keep feelings of isolation at bay and prevent cabin fever.
- Set aside an area of your home as your ‘office’ – this way you can separate work and play.
- Take breaks and be sure to leave your new office to stretch your legs. It’s easy at home to not move around much but taking a short walk will clear your head (walking releases endorphins which will help with your wellbeing).
- Make sure to go outside regularly to get fresh air, maybe take a morning walk before you start your day to get yourself into work mode. If a colleague lives nearby try go for a short walk together to decompress.
- Aim to speak on the phone to someone at least every hour and reach out to one extra person even if you don’t need to speak to them - it will help them as well as you.
- Establish boundaries with anyone else in the house during the working day.
- Regularly check in with yourself to see what is working/not working and make the necessary changes to help set yourself up for success.